Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Saw and Talked to Biden: Here's Proof!

Yes, that is me with Senator Joe Biden, candidate for VP of the United States.  Very cool moment!  

Shortly after I had him take the picture with me (this is in Newark, Ohio btw) he said to another person who wanted a pic: "Tell this guy to take it."--referring to me.  

As I was taking the picture, I knew I had to ask a question... I had prepared an in depth and broad question to ask if given the opportunity with a microphone.  Unfortunately, it wasn't that kind of town hall meeting, so in the midst of the bustling crowd of Democrats, I spontaneously said: "Joe!  Please tell me you're gonna end American Imperialism!"

He answered: "Well, I don't think we're imperialist, but we will get out of Iraq."  

Okay, decent answer, but I regretted how I phrased the question.  I should have asked: "Joe, please tell me you're gonna end American militarism."  Because a.) Imperialism is too loaded of a word and debatable, and b.) militarism directly refers to the military-industrial complex, which is more of a tangible phenomenon (the one that Eisenhower talked about).  

But I was satisfied enough.
blog comments powered by Disqus